Friday, October 31, 2008

halloween cookies

Because I had been wanting to use my giant assortment of cookie cutters and because I wanted to occupy Maeson for the afternoon, we made halloween sugar cookies yesterday.

The best part of this experience is that I think I finally found an icing recipe that does what I want. It dries hard and shiny and, with the addition of almond flavoring, tastes just like a bakery that used to be in downtown Oak Ridge.



I may try to get my cookies a little fluffier or chewier next time, these were a bit crispy for me. My icing technique needs some work too, but I think this was a successful attempt.




Pre-icing cookies.


I experimented with using different sprinkles to make pumpkin stems. Also, this is Maeson's cute and girly pumpkin.

Bat, cat, and ridiculously cute ghost.

1 comment:

Tracy and Mark said...

your blog always makes me hungry