Saturday, November 8, 2008

Gingerbread Cuties

Okay, I know I have a boring life when all I can find to blog about is food. Either that or I just really love to bake.

This past week, I took on gingerbread. The first batch I made (of which I have no pictures) I rolled out too thin. The result was tasty, but crispy cookies. The second batch (seen here) were both delicious and soft.

Maeson and I got to share them with my mom and little brothers and then with Brian and his fellow medics.





Unfrosted gingerbread. Don't you love my gingerbread dog? Also, this is my gingerbread twist - I did this with the dough that remained after the last cookie cutting.




Frosted delights. I used maple flavoring in the icing -mmmm mmmm. And, as you see here, I put some of my gingerbread cookies on a spice cake with maple buttercream frosting. My cake decorating skills leave something to be desired, but rest assured it tasted fantastic.








No comments: