Tuesday, October 21, 2008

cake wrecks

i was talking to my friend, tracy at small group tonight about cooking. mostly, because she recently posted a blog on her "chicken debacle" anyway, things often don't turn out how I expect them to in the kitchen either.



For example, I made some very tasty cake bites for dessert tonight. The inspiration was this:








Here's what came out:




definitely, not what was intended. Mind you, we were painting with toothpicks and chocolate because the edible marker would not write on chocolate. And it was my first try. AND they still tasted great.

(by the way, the inspiration came from bakerella: http://bakerella.blogspot.com/)


here are a couple of cake bites born out of Rozmus creativity:


1) skull with cut off mandible (made by Brian):



2) cutest cake bite there ever was (made by me):

if that doesn't make you feel better about life, please click on the following link and laugh with me:
(i cried a little, even)

3 comments:

Tracy and Mark said...

your cake bites look so much cooler than those perfectly formed ones. looking forward to my first 'cooking with teagan' session.

Anonymous said...

cutest cake bite EVER!!!! so true!
loveday

leslie said...

we loved the cakes, and caleb got one too and was pumped... because it was cake and it was a pumpkin. they were beautiful and delicious.