Monday, May 25, 2009

Birthday


My birthday this year was fantastic. It was a whole weekend of celebration. So much, that I still need a nap from it all. The first thing we did was have lunch with my mom at my favorite Mexican place: Monterrey in Oak Ridge. They brought me a sombrero to wear and sang Happy Birthday to me - in English! I was outraged and proceed to yell "in Spanish!" at them - here is photo evidence of that:


My sweet mom got me some flip flops, a rug for my kitchen, and a sweet basil plant (which I'm stoked about). Here we are with the basil:


That night, I had dinner with my favorite people in the world (minus a few who weren't able to come) at Lakeside Tavern. With the exception of my best friend, Christi, all of these people are in our small group. If you don't already have some sort of community - get you one! We truly do life together. We learn and grow and celebrate and serve together -it is super cool.


Christi and me.


Tiffany, Andrew, Mark, Tracy, and Jade


Evan, Marta, Sharon, and Tara.


Christi, Me, Jen, and Tara.

Don't know how Brian didn't make it into any of the dinner pictures, but he was there. Afterwards, we went to Menchie's - a self-serve frozen yogurt place...mmm mmm.
Here is a pic of most of us:


The weekend continued with more celebration, but I'll save that for another post.







1 comment:

Tracy and Mark said...

i love the first picture! Hope you had a great birthday weekend!